Wednesday, July 20, 2011

new 'do

OK, so, sadly, I've had the same hair 'do for about....oh.....3 years.  EWE. 

Here's me in 2008



And here's me last month:



Mama needs a new look.  I mean, I like my hair and all, but....three years!?!?  And I'm sure it's been longer than that...I just don't have photo evidence readily accessible. 

I look at hair inspiration constantly, but never have the balls to do anything I find.  And let's get serious...even the stuff I'm about to post is pretty similar to what I have, but....it is what it is.  I'm super, super, super lazy when it comes to my hair.  I have my current style down to a 15 minute routine, and I'm not about to get some high maintenance 'do that I'll never be able to maintain.  Also, I have freakishly thick hair, so it has to stay long or it will just look big and gross. 

Here goes:

Pretty Medium Layered Hair Styles
I want something a little more edgy...not so 'soccer mom'.  Obviously, I'm not cutting it this short and I'm sure as hell not getting bangs, but if you look in between....I want that.  That "just came from the beach, rode in my jeep on the way back and all of my bad-ass-ness just comes natural" look.


I'd like to think that I can get mine a little more wavy and less curly...more natural, less iron...but I don't know if that will happen.  I need LAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is the part that I've been thinking about FOREVER.



While I would love to do this, I don't know that it will ever happen.  But I do love the frosted tips.  Have you seen that move 'Whip It'?  It's a good flick...watch it.  When you do, pay attention to Juliette Lewis' highlights.  I NEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's what I'm going for here.























Kind of like when you have highlights and they are growing out.  Perfect.  Low. Maintenance.























I'm thinking this is {realistically} what it will end up looking like.  I'm hoping it can be a little fresher, but old habits die hard.


Whatya think?  I'm keeping every inch of length, but want it uuber layered including short layers everywhere...even around my face, but not bangs....I don't think.  And then an 80's perfect frosted tip.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.  I'm calling to make an appointment now! 

Stay tuned ;)

-jd

No comments:

Post a Comment