Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I N T R O D U C T I O N

Yo!
I'm starting a new blog about my life as the mommy to my sweet precious Annie Rae, a wife to my hunk of love Drew, and my crazy life as a designer that obsesses over every detail of life.  To catch up on what's happened before For A Rae of Sunshine, head on over to my old blog O R A N G E + P E A C H

Since my last post, I gave birth to this sweet pea,

















decided that I want to try to open a booth at a local furniture store (location and final details not yet determined), and have been just trying to keep my head above water.  So far, parenthood has been a complete emotional roller coaster, but the best ride of my life.  I have laughed and cried, been worried and proud, and overall feel like it's everything 'they' say it is.  A. Rae will be 6 weeks old on Friday and I just feel like I'm getting some normalcy back into my life...I might feel differently in 15 minutes.  I am on maternity leave from the eight to five until September, and I'm trying to suck the life out of every second.  I mean, don't get me wrong...I love being chained to a desk in a cubicle for 9 hours a day with a 45 minute one way commute, but this is a nice break.  Some people said I will be "dying to go back to work" after 4 months off...and I still find those comments interesting. 

So, anyways, I have a dream.....a dream to open a store.  A cute little boutique that feels something like 20% Anthropologie, 40% your cutest local furniture store (mine is Summer House in Tampa, FL), 20% Restoration Hardware, and 20% etsy Unfortunately, my dream isn't too realistic right now cause mama's gotta pay the bills, but I am looking into opening a booth on the side.   I am on the waiting list at two of my favorite store's in Tampa, but it might be a stretch because I don't know how long that list is...hmmm...might call and ask exactly how far down on those lists I am. 

I started this blog to journal the journey of how to find a balance between being a wife and good partner, a fabulous mother, and how to keep the interests I've always had...how to still stay "me".  I think every woman strives for that balance and it's an ongoing search, lol.  WOMEN ROCK! 


Follow the blog and stay tuned!


Ciao,
JD


No comments:

Post a Comment