Wednesday, July 27, 2011

$5 headboard

I think the {new} inspiration for my bedroom is going to be kind of creamy gold french flea. 

I picked up this headboard at a garage sale at $5 which kind of started the whole concept:


My furniture was black previously, so I was kind of at a loss as to how to incorporate this curvy femme headboard in with the generic black Haverty's {that I got at a thrift store cause it was scratch and dent} dressers.  Then it came to me after my 6th hour of just sitting there staring at the dressers.  Paint!  Duh. 

I still have the big dresser to do, but this one turned out pretty cute.  I had this paint left over from Annie's furniture and I just sprayed the nickel hardware with some random bronze spray that I had.

In a perfect world, I would get the headboard reupholstered in a rich fabric, but....that's not in the budget, SO I think I'll just spray it with vinyl paint {used for automotive and marine upholstery}.  I've seen good colors online, so hopefully they have as good of a selection at my local auto zone.  I'll let you know.  If it works and looks semi decent...that'll be awesome and save a crap ton of money! 

My inspiration for the headboard frame is this: 

I think I'll use gold leaf and then rub ebony stain over it???
{ps.  I'm now on the hunt for a bust and a wooden rosary, how presh}

And maybe use some sort of dark gray vinyl spray?  Hopefully they have a semi decent color.  I'm sure it won't be quite as chic, but for $5...it'll work!


While I have the gold spray paint out, I think I'll put a coat on the chair at the desk on the other side of the bed.  I'm not sure if that desk can stay that color.  The hardware is in the garage now getting sprayed bronze. 

I need some art and bedding ideas now so I can pull this together.  Maybe I'll run across a fabulous crystal chandelier for a dollar this weekend.  ha. 

Any ideas on bedding or art?  Cheap.  I mean, really cheap.

I would love to mix in some velvet, lace, linen, silk and burlap somehow...

-jd


No comments:

Post a Comment